- Perfect for any gate or door that needs to be self-closing
- Adjustable Hydraulic Design Closes in a Controlled Motion, without Fear of Slamming
- Meets ICC / BOCA Pool Gate Code for Self-Closing Gates
- Works on Gates & Doors up to 150 lbs.
- Silent Operation - No Squeaks or Hissing
The Kant-Slam is a hydraulic gate and door closer designed for applications where self-closing functionality is required (ie. ICC Swimming Pool Gates). It is designed for gates up to 150lbs.
The Kant-Slam is based on a toggle arrangement of four levers and a vertical cylinder filled with oil. The levers open as the gate or door opens and are closed by two strong springs. The toggle action causes leverage to increase as the spring tension decreases, giving ample closing force at the latching point. Closing speed is controlled by an adjustable cylinder design that regulates the flow of oil through the device.
Kant-Slam is great for any self self-closing requirements. A special feature found only in the Kant-Slam is that the closing pressure is self-contained within the unit and is transmitted through components of the closer to the mounting bracket on the frame. The result is no more pressure on the gate or door than from closing by hand.