Shipping & Returns
Signet Fence Shipping Policy
The following shipping policy is copied from our General Terms and Conditions of Sale available here.
Signet Fence reserves the right, under certain circumstances, to raise our shipping and handling fee for an order. Under those circumstances, we will contact you before charging your credit card to obtain your written authorization. You will not be charged for, nor receive, any part of your order until we obtain such authorization. In the event that we are unable to contact you, or you do not agree to the additional charges within 5 days of the original order, the order will be considered void and any amounts authorized on your credit card will be released.
The method of shipment will be selected by Signet Fence. Typically, smaller items will ship via a common carrier, such as, UPS, U.S. Mail, Fed Ex, Airborne Express or similar. Packages that are too large for these carriers, must be shipped by other common carrier trucking companies.
Available for Inspection - It is the customer's responsibility to be available at time of delivery to check the quantities of packages and for any damage. Any storage fees or redelivery fees charged by the trucking company due to customer not being available at time of delivery will be the customer’s responsibility.
Make Claims to the Carrier Directly - Shortages and damage to the packages must be reported immediately to the carrier on the bill of lading, in writing, when you are asked to sign for the delivery and before the truck leaves. The delivery carrier will want to inspect packages, goods and all shipping containers before a claim can be made. To make a claim to the carrier, you will typically need the following, 1) Original bill of lading, 2) Copy of paid freight bill, 3) Original invoice, 4) Repair or replacement invoice, 5) Inspection report, and 6) Packing list. It is helpful to take pictures of any of the damage. Do not instruct the carrier to return shipments when they arrive or you will be subject to a 25% restocking fee plus return freight charges.
Inform Signet Fence of Any Damage or Shortage
- Damage or Shortage Due to Shipment by Carrier - Inform Signet Fence immediately of any shipment damage or shortage, as Signet Fence will assist you in any way possible to collect loss or damage claims from the carrier. We are not responsible, however, for filing claims, cost of replacement materials or the freight charges for shipping of replacement parts or materials.
- Manufacturer Defect - If the damage to the product was not a result of shipping, but due to manufacturing defect (ie: scratched picket in boxed fence section), please contact us immediately and include your invoice and the nature of the problem .
- Timing - If we do not receive written notice from you of any damage or manufacturing defect within 10 days, we will assume the delivery was made in good condition. Any claim for a manufacturing defect after 10 days of receipt, will be governed by the manufacturer’s specific warranties and should be made directly to the manufacturer.
Any delivery dates specified are based on Signet Fence's best estimate of when delivery to the Buyer can be made under the circumstances that exist on the date hereof. Buyer agrees to excuse delays in delivery due to circumstances beyond the reasonable control of Signet Fence. Signet Fence reserves the right to make partial shipments.
Insurance/Risk of Loss
For all shipments, insurance will be obtained only at Buyer's written direction and expense. Signet Fence will not be responsible for risk of loss or damage to the goods after delivery to its carrier. Title to the goods will pass to Buyer upon delivery to the carrier.
Signet Fence will not be liable for any loss or damage resulting directly or indirectly from fire, flood accident, civil unrest, act of God, war, governmental interference or embargo, labor strike, shortage of materials, or any other cause beyond its control.
Inspection of Goods; Acceptance.
Buyer's receipt and possession of the goods and or use of the goods constitutes its acknowledgment that it has accepted the goods. Buyer has an obligation to ascertain the correctness of the goods at the time of receipt. Claims for damage or shortage shall be deemed waived unless received in writing by Signet Fence within ten (10) days after delivery.
Returned Goods Policy and Procedure
In the event that the Buyer desires to return a purchased product, the following outlines Signet Fence’s procedure regarding returns.
Within 10 days of delivery, Buyer must contact Signet Fence's Returns Department to request a return goods authorization (RGA). Signet Fence will review the request and will either authorize or deny the return. Returns that are authorized will be issued a Returned Goods Authorization Number. Authorized returns should be shipped to the address listed on the approved Returned Goods Form. Upon receipt and inspection, Signet Fence will issue the appropriate credit to the customer. All returns are subject to the following terms and conditions:
- Many standard products are available for full refund of the price of the product, less a 30% restocking fee, with the exception of the products listed below, which are non-returnable except in the case of error by Signet Fence or one of our partners.
- All Certainteed products including Bufftech Fences and Evernew Railing.
- Key Link Aluminum Fencing & Railing
- Superior Vinyl Fencing & Railing
- Chain Link Fabric
- Chain Link Framework, Including Posts, Top Rail
- Chain Link Gates
- Any product that is considered special fabrication is not returnable and therefore not refundable, unless the product is damaged or not built as ordered. This includes, but is not limited to, special colors, sizes, and customized work of any kind.
- Signet Fence reserves the right to inspect all returned merchandise and issue final determination as to its condition.
- Credit will be issued based on the combination of 1) the product invoice price (less a 30% restocking charge) and 2) applicable sales tax, if any. Freight costs will only be credited to the customer if Signet Fence determines that the return is based on an error by Signet Fence or one of our suppliers.
- Merchandise must be returned to Signet Fence within 15 days from the date of issue of the Returned Goods Authorization Number.
- All returns must have the Returned Goods Authorization number prominently displayed on the package