- Fits 6 x 6 (5-1/2" Actual) Square Wood Posts
- Perfect for Arbors, Pergolas, Swing Sets, & Other Outdoor Projects that Require 6 x 6 Posts
- Approved for Use with ACQ Treated Wood Posts
- Easy Install - Drives Into the Ground in Minutes Using a Jackhammer
- Can Be Installed Using Manual Techniques for Small Projects
- Installs in Asphalt & Other Hard Surfaces
- Extend the Life of Your Wood Posts - Prevents Rot & Insect Damage that Happens Below Ground
- Hot-Dip Galvanized for Long Lasting Performance in Any Climate
OZ-Post T6-850 Wood Post Anchors are designed for treated 6 x 6 Posts, which are actually 5-1/2" x 5-1/2". These large anchors work great for fences, pergolas, arbors, and other outdoor projects that use 6 x 6 posts. If your project requires load bearing capacity or will be particularly top heavy, we recommend using the T6-700 which is designed to work with the OZ-Deck load bearing plates.
Oz-Post Wood Anchors not only secure posts in the ground, but they also protect them from rot, mildew, and insects by keeping them out of the moist ground. The hot-dip-galvanized sleeve limits ground contact.
You can drive these anchors flush with the ground and secure your posts with a strong adhesive, or you can leave the sleeve above ground and use wood screws to secure the post. The added benefit of leaving the sleeve above ground is that it will protect your post from damage by common yard maintenance tools like weed eaters and lawn mowers.
T6-850 anchors can actually be driven into the ground in 3 ways:
- Insert a spare piece of 6x6 into the OZ-Post sleeve so that it sits 5-6" above the sleeve height. Use a sledge hammer to pound down on the wood, driving the anchor in the ground. This technique is good installing a small number of OZ-Posts in a reasonable amount of time.
- Use the Manual Driving Kit plus an HSP-T6 spacer, which uses weight and gravity, to drive the T6-850 OZ-Posts into the ground.
- Use the Jackhammer Driver Kit (JDK) and a HSP-T6 Spacer, along with a rented jackhammer to drive in as many OZ-Posts as you need. This is the quickest and least labor intense way, but may not be as cost effective for small projects (1-6 posts)
|T6-850 Size||6" x 6"|
|Actual Post Size||5-1/2" x 5-1/2"|
|Dimensions||5-1/2" x 5-1/2" x 36"|
|Material||Hot Dip Galvanized Steel|
|Typical Usage||Pergolas, Arbors, & Swing Sets, & More|
Download the OZCO OZ-Post Wood Post Anchor & OZ-Deck Installation Instructions Here
See the OZCO Building Product's warranty here
2 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Oz-Post T6-850 Review
I bought these anchors for an arbor. I did not want to dig holes and pour concrete around the wood post because the holes for a 6x6 post post would need to be large and deep to get below the frost line here in Iowa. These post were easier to install and the post will not rot form the ground contact. They are a great product and purchasing them from Signet Fence was a fast and easy. They sold me the number of anchor I needed and shipped them fast.
Oz-Post T6-850 - Post Anchor
Very satisfied with purchase, but had to wait
two months for my order to arrive due to suppliers lack of inventory.